So, The Jets choked once again. They just really couldn't pull it together at all. I could have walked away from the game entirely after realizing that the Steelers had possession of the ball for the first nine or ten minutes of the game. By halftime the game was pretty much over. The Jets tried to rally in the second half, but couldn't cut the mustard, ending the game at a 24-19 loss.
I think Rex Ryan just put a foot in his mouth somewhere.
With that, I am no longer truly excited about either team winning the game, but I am truly excited about coming up with my Super Bowl party menu! What is a Super Bowl without gorging yourself with some of the most unhealthy goodies and lots and lots of beer?
Here's what my household has to look forward to:
- Chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce. It really is the best. I learned that from dad.
- Chipotle pot roast enchiladas. Complete with home made enchilada sauce.
- Black beans.
- Beef franks in blankets. Because pork has been recently outlawed in my social circle.
- Blueberry dump cake. If you really want to know, just ask. It's to die for, and takes 15 minutes to make. Even my brother could make this cake.
- Beer. American micro brews to be exact.
- Mimosas. Because champagne makes for good day time drinking.
- Hummus and veggies. Because you have to have something redeeming on the table.